March Favourites



Kirkland Makeup Wipes. Costco is the best. I am a big fan of makeup wipes, since I can never seem to get my makeup off entirely with makeup remover or cleanser. Before these, I was using Clean & Clear wipes (which I liked a lot), but were about $10 a pack. These Costco ones are about $15 for a giant box full (I did the math and it's over double the quantity... I can't quite remember). They do the trick and work quite well. I'll buy again.

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation in 105. I have been watching an insane amount of Youtube beauty vloggers, and have been trying a lot of drugstore products. It feels like they have come a long way since jr. high school! The quality of this stuff is great. It's pretty heavy coverage but when buffed out nicely, it looks pretty smooth. I am so impressed!! I've used nicer foundation, sure, but for $5? It's comparable to some high end products I've used. I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I really like it. The coverage lasts all day, which is a major plus in my books.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum. I've been trying to get back into blush so I don't look quite so pale all the time! I used to wear blush but when I had an outbreak of acne this past year, I stopped wearing it because it just looked terrible! Now that my skin has cleared up, it's time to start upping my makeup game. I wasn't completely sure, so I decided to start again with drugstore. I like this cream blush, it's sheer but easily buildable, and I like the colour. There are some NARS blushes I want to try, so once this is finished, I'll buy something else.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.  I LOVE THIS EYELINER. I have tried MANY liquid liners, and this is my favourite, by far. It lasts until I want it to last, doesn't smudge, doesn't wear off.... and the precision from the felt tip/brush is awesome. Enough said.

Sephora Pro Stippling Brush #44. Does everything it's supposed to do, and it washes well. I don't have too much to say other than I like the bristles and it washes well!

Real Techniques Contour and Buffing Brush. Can you tell I've been watching a lot of Youtube? I wanted to get some new brushes but am trying to cut back on my spending. I ended up finding these brushes at Walmart (for $20 for a set of brushes). I like them!! I prefer my Sephora and MAC brushes, but these are a close second to them. I haven't washed them yet so the real verdict will come after that.

- G

March Favourites

Moroccanoil Exta Volume Conditioner. I seem to commit a lot of hair care sins. I haven’t had a haircut since August 2014, I dye my hair myself, I wash my hair every day (though this would suggest that it isn’t entirely terrible), and I use heat products every day. Needless to say, my hair is not in very good condition. It had gotten to a point where I could barely run a brush through it after showering. I found this conditioner and my hair has felt better than it has in a long time. I should probably still go get a hair cut, but for now this will do.

NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Bellissima. I dropped my Naked 2 palette and my two favorite shades broke, of course. OF course. I debated whether or not I should repurchase the full size of the same colors or if I should try something new, which lef me to NARS Bellissima. It is GOOD. Real good. There is less fallout than the Tarte eyeshadows and the color is great.

Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Balm. Oh, Aesop, how I love thee. Geranium Leaf is my favorite scent from their line and this body balm is no exception. I am terrible at applying moisturizer to my body, but this stuff makes it easy to remember because it smells so garsh darn good.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer in Light. I used this sometime last year, and once my skin got really bad I ended up opting for NARS Sheer Glow’s heavier coverage. My skin has cleared up one hell of a lot though, so the tinted moisturizer is back! I like that it offers enough coverage to even out my skin tone but not entirely cover up my skin. Does that make sense? I don’t know. This stuff is really good though.

- S

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

with wanderlust All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger